Smoky eyes have become a classic party eye makeup look. The secret of this trendâs popularity is that smoky eyes can change your face dramatically, transforming the girl-next-door into a stylish diva.
Once you learn and master these application and blending techniques, the transition will take you only a few minutes. You can then have irresistible-looking eyes, even if they are not big or bright.
In this article you will learn:
* how to choose the texture of your eye makeup.
* which are the most flattering shades.
* easy and mess-free application techniques.
Smoky eyes color
You will need one black eye pencil, at least two colors of powder eyeshadow, and dark mascara to produce a fantastic smoky eyes effect.
The base color should be a rich shimmery (not metallic) powder texture. Choose a shade slightly darker than your skin tone. You may choose neutral beige or grey colors for a soft and sophisticated look; or use a bright base for a dramatic look.
The contour color must be a dark, matte, or slightly shimmery color. Choose between dark brown, blue, green, or purple, depending on the color of your attire. Use black with any outfit for a stunning effect.
You may add a third shade to your smoky eyes: a slightly shimmery highlight color applied just under the eyebrows. This will enlarge the eye area and also soften any demarcation lines that remain after blending. Your normal facial powder can produce the same result if you are aiming for a more sophisticated look.
Choose soft black eye pencil or kohl for an enhancing all-around contour. Never use liquid eyeliner; it is for crisp lines, not the soft and sultry look we are aiming for here.
Black thickening mascara and stronger-than-usual eyebrows are in tune with smoky eyes makeup.
1. Outline your eye contour with a black eye pencil, all the way around. Make the line thicker along the upper lashes.
2. With a brush or a sponge applicator, apply your base color eyeshadow on the mobile eyelid and above the crease, about halfway to the eyebrows, blending slightly.
3. With a pointy sponge applicator, apply contour color eyeshadow all the way around your eyes, blending it well with the pencil line.
4. Half-close your eyes and apply contour color in the crease.
5. You will now need to define the outside corners of your eyes using a horizontal âVâ shape. The position of the pointy end of the âVâ will control the apparent shape of your eyes.
6. With a medium-sized soft round brush (you can also use a flat one, holding it sideways), blend the eyeshadows on the upper eyelid. With a flat brush, blend the eyeshadows on the lower eyelid.
Repeat your contour color application with a sponge, as many times as needed to achieve a deep shade. Blend again with brushes after every application.
Apply highlight color eyeshadow or facial powder under your eyebrows to ease the blending of the dark contour and add some volume to your eye makeup.
For an irresistible deep regard, outline the inside contour of your eyes with eye pencil. Use darker-than-usual eyebrows and lots of mascara to finish the look. Your eyes should now be smokier then ever before!
To keep your bright eye makeup in balance, try a stronger blush, and keep your lips pale with a light gloss application.
Smokey Eye Tutorial is the number one online tutorial website for everything you need to know about Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial. Visit our website to see the one-stop review website for tutorials on smokey eyes, makeup, and eyeshadow â for every color eye â and for every style. Weâre constantly updating the site with new Smokey Eye Tutorials every week. Donât forget to bookmark Smokey Eye Tutorial, so you donât miss out!
Self Improvement Tips